A blog chronicling the sweet, adorable, hilarious, ridiculous, and at times downright unbelievable events that go down in my second grade classroom.
RSS

Loving Pains

It's Spanish week again. Time to teach the kiddos all about the parts of a plant in Spanish. I am armed and ready with lots of hands on activities and even a fun song with motions.
I begin the lesson by telling them (in Spanish) that I have something special I want to tell them about today. While beginning to draw a plant in different parts, I tell them all about plants. When I am finished, I have a picture of a plant. The flower on top looks like a rose. Enlisting their help, I begin labeling the parts of the plant. When we get to the stem, we talk about why stems are useful. This leads to a discussion about the different kinds of stems.

Then, J raised his hand. "Ms. L, I know why roses have thorns. Because love hurts you."

Wow. Out of the mouths of babes.

19921645pbthornystemwitharedrose120_2061.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment