A blog chronicling the sweet, adorable, hilarious, ridiculous, and at times downright unbelievable events that go down in my second grade classroom.
RSS

The Boyz

E is a precocious child; he's the only first grader I know that sports some serious bling. Large diamond studs in each ear. Pumas. Heavy gold chains around his neck. E's greatest bling, however, is his mega-watt smile.

On Halloween, E was one of our students who wore his uniform to school in lieu of a costume. (I think he's too cool for a costume.) He was, however, wearing a jacket from the North Pole clothing line (J.C. Penny's). In an attempt to be silly, I said, "Well, E, are you an explorer from the North Pole for Halloween?"

He smiled his giant, super-white smile. "Naw."
A moment later, he looked at me and said with serious attitude, "I ain't from the North Pole. I'm from AFRICA!" While making wide gestures with his arms in what I can only describe as a "gangsta" manner.

I looked at him. I was quite shocked. A moment of silence went by.

E looked at me, his head cocked to the side.

Then he said, with a cheeky smirk, "What, Ms. L, you ain't never seen Boyz n the Hood?"

"No, E, I have not."

Guess what my mom bought me for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment